Phil Fischer

Monday, August 13, 2007

Tuesday

Lisa found a nice hide-a-bed on the Mankato Free Cycle a few weeks ago. The lady never got in contact till last week. She said that she was out of town but she still had the couch. Cool. We borrowed Mitch's truck and I went over to pick it up with Nick, Lexi, and Eric. First we stopped at the Salvation Army to get a bed for Zander or Zach. I found a used twin mattress for 20 bucks so we got that. I also picked up a Dannille Steele book. I had not read any of hers so I thought I would check her out. It was really good and I finished it in 4 days.

Next we went to the house in North Mankato to ge the bed. The lady had moved it to the driveway for us because she was at work till 5. We just got it loaded on the truck when she pulled in. I thanked her and we headed home.

On the way home we saw a turtle on the road. Then another and another. Hmmm. Swan lake must be drying up and they are all leaving. There were dead and live turtles every 50 yards for 5 miles. We went back after dropping off the bed and picked up 6 (live ones) to keep as pets:-)

We kept them in the pool for 3 days. Every morning when I went to work another one or two escaped.:-) The kids had all their freinds over to see them. Pretty cool when you're a kid. Or a Daddy.

I love the new couch. Eric slept on it the first night. The bed part was still wrapped in plastic. It looks brand new. The good Lord sure looks after his sheep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home